Thursday 29 April 2010

Wimbledon is back on

I have my tickets to Wimbledon - I lost them temporarily, having not paid in time, but have just heard I will receive tickets for mens quarter-finals this summer - yay! That will be just one of 3 little trips down south in the next couple of months. I don't have a big holiday booked but have a number of mini-breaks planned.
In 3 weeks, I'm heading to Devon for Chrissy's hen weekend. Point-to-point and surfing are planned - all new experiences for me, plus lots of new people to meet, and I'm sure it'll be fun. Next trip south is Al & Chrissy's wedding and then Wimbledon .... it's looking like a summer of fun, I'll just hope and pray for sunshine.

Things here are ticking along nicely. I've managed to get a good amount of gardening done recently - it's hugely satisfying to see my seedlings sprouting, the grass seed is finally germinating and each trip down the garden there are new signs of growth. I get excited by all this new growth, especially the lush green springing up everywhere and the trees coming into leaf.

Only two weeks to go til my triathlon. Can't quite believe I was mad enough to book it. I'm not really training for it, but will just give it a go and hope to enjoy it. If it's fun, I'll think about investing in some kit for an open-water event, and then maybe aim for a full tri in the next year or two. Mad fool that I am, I think I thrive on crazy challenges. Running the marathon a couple of years ago was great and I'm ready for my next challenge, a full tri may be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment