Friday 2 April 2010

Happy memories

I finished work a few days ago and am now in holiday mode, having spent a few days with Mum & Dad. I become remarkably useless here, waited on hand and foot, eating and drinking very well, getting lots of fresh air and totally relaxing. I left home on a high - the boiler may finally be fixed, the carpets are clean and I have found a cleaner - simple pleasures!
I have spent a happy few hours going through old family photos, scanning in a selection of Al for Chrissy to use at their wedding reception. Happy memories of a very happy and loving childhood with my wee bro. I've got used to the idea of him being married, but realised today I hadn't yet considered Chrissy as another Mrs Harris!
Great news from Al & Chrissy - Chrissy has a new 6 month job with UNICEF. It gives some much needed stability for them both, and they can begin to plan their lives beyond the 5th June.
I'm off to Leicester tomorrow for some time with very special friends. It's funny, I always feel better for spending some time with Kath, Han and families - old friends really are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment