Saturday 17 April 2010

Namesake

Well, I really am just pottering along at the moment. Things are fairly steady work, home and church wise at the moment, all good. I've had time to potter in the garden, go running, see friends and to just be. But I'm beginning to think that I actually prefer life when it's a bit busier - I always complain I get tired and stressed but it does have it's advantages.

I left work yesterday feeling mixed up and confused. I'd assessed a patient at home, and needed the Police to gain entry to their home. It was really horrid, lots of Police vans, plus Police dog and they had to batter the door down. It was a sunny day and the school holidays, and it felt as though the whole neighbourhood were gawping.
Being a psychiatrist puts me in a powerful position, and it was all for the best, but felt so cruel at the time. It also gave me a reminder of how tough some folk have it, and how some folk live in sparse, neglected, appauling conditions right on our doorsteps. The outcome was excellent, and the process really went like clock-work, but that didn't make it any less horrid to be involved.

In the last week, I've spent lots of time trying to find C&A a suitable honeymoon. Al's super-stressed, and slow internet in Madagascar has made it frustrating and almost impossible for him to search for accomodation. I've actually enjoyed doing it, and quite fancy a similar trip myself. I'll keep the destination a secret - it's not my decision whether it's to be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment