Tuesday 23 March 2010

Mud happy

On Saturday, I ran an 18km race in the lakes. The drive over was grim, with heavy rain, low cloud and no views at all. The rain stopped just in time for the start of the race, the cloud lifted, the views were spectacular and the sun even tried to shine by the end. Never run such a muddy race, but loved it. Nearly lost a shoe in one particularly deep and sticky section, and let out something of a girly scream! The ford shown in the photos washed off some of the mud, wetwipes got rid of a bit more whilst changing in a field, the rest was in the bath when I got home.

My next challenge may be a sprint triathlon. I've thought about doing it for ages, and am now getting very keen. Have found a local one in a couple of months, so will give it a go. The only bit of a tri I'm concerned about is having to get out the pool and put shoes and socks on without being able to dry between my toes properly!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Nats - tracked you down via my stats! You kept that very quiet. Well done with the race. Your photos are lovely.

    Will reply to your email in the end just being disorganised.

    I'm really enjoying writing my blog... I've always wanted to write a diary but never manage to keep it up for more than a few days. Its much more fun when you can put up pictures and links etc.

    Juliex

    ReplyDelete