Monday 15 March 2010

Lent

It's lent and I've given up Facebook. It really wouldn't be right to start up a blog as a substitute - a bit like giving up chocolate and eating sweets instead - but I am feeling increasingly led to keep a diary of some sort, and this seems a good way to do it.
I'll just do it on the quiet I think, a personal blog for just me to read.

Last month was busy. Mum's 60th weekend away was a huge success, and then I had my debut performance at the Sage with the Northern Sinfonia Chorus - absolutely brilliant, I was just buzzing at the end and couldn't stop grinning.
March is quiet by comparison, but I made it North to visit relatives last weekend (Mum and Dad, then Granny in Edinburgh, then my cousin and family in Haddington, plus beautiful walk at Cove on the way home) and I'm off to the Lakes for a race at this coming weekend (Cartmel Ultimate trail).

The boiler saga continues. It's now been on the blink for over 3 months. I gave up on British Gas long ago and have a local engineer coming out regularly to try to sort it. The latest update was that he had a couple of final things he could try, and failing that, it's time for a new boiler. Having put up with a dodgy boiler since moving here nearly 8 yrs ago, and now being faced with putting a new one in, I wish I'd done it years ago and saved myself a lot of bother!

No comments:

Post a Comment