Wednesday 19 May 2010

Sunshine and annual leave ...

... are a great combination. I've had this week off and been blessed with wonderful weather - an ideal opportunity to lessen the winter pallor before Al's wedding.

I've had a great week. It started with a triathlon in Darlington. I was a little apprehensive, particularly about the transitions and the bike ride, but loved it all. The transitions were fine - I didn't dry any of me at all, and putting clothes and shoes on while wet seemed quite normal.
The first couple of photos are of my friend Angela, who did the race with me. She did really well and seems to have enjoyed it too.
These 2 photos are of me finishing my bike ride, before heading out on the run.Angela met me at the finish line. We both had huge grins on our faces and immediately agreed to book another race - we're hooked. I've already booked myself in to an open water event in September and am scouring eBay for a wetsuit.

The rest of my week off was more relaxing. I had an enormous delivery of manure and spent many happy hours scattering it round the garden. It's already had an impressive effect - everything has put on a growth spurt and is looking beautifully lush with vivid colours. I pottered about at home, caught up with friends and generally chilled out. The sunshine definitely contributed to a very successful week off. At the end of the week I set off for Devon to attend Chrissy's hen do. I'll save details of that for another blog entry.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Nats - so pleased to hear the tri went well (I'll tell Shona!)and well done. I have been wondering but hadn't quite got organised enough to get in touch and ask (oops). Looking forward to seeing you very soon. love, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete